COVID-19: A message from Michael Partin, President/CEO
COVID-19 UPDATE, 3/25/2020:
Here are a few tips and reminders regarding your SVEC bill during the COVID-19 crisis:
•Effective March 18, SVEC will not disconnect a member for nonpayment while the COVID-19 crisis is ongoing.
•Electric usage will continue to accrue and will be billed, so you will continue to get a bill by your selected delivery method.
•Some bills recently mailed (week of March 16) will show a disconnect date and late fee. The late fee will be reimbursed, the disconnect notice does not apply.
•So that you do not accrue a large electric balance, please make payments as you can.
•All SVEC lobbies and the Whitwell office remain closed, but payments can be made during business hours at the drive-thru windows; with the SVEC app for iPhone and Android; at www.svalleyec.com; mailed to SVEC, P. O. Box 31, South Pittsburg, TN 37380; left in drop-box at each office or call your local office.
•Keep track of how much electricity you are using with the SVEC app for iPhone and Android or at www.svalleyec.com.
When the COVID-19 outbreak is under control and we transition back to normal, the grace period will end. SVEC members who are behind on their electric bills at that time should contact their local SVEC office to set up a payment plan to catch up on their electric bill without a disruption in electric service.
COVID-19 UPDATE, 3/18/2020:
SVEC understands the hardship many of our members may face amid the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. During this period of uncertainty, SVEC will not disconnect members for nonpayment of their electric bills and late fees will be waived. As we transition back to normal in the coming months and this grace period ends, SVEC will work with members who are behind on their electric bills as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak to offer payment arrangements. We are in this together. By everyone doing their part we will come through this crisis a stronger nation. Our lobbies remain closed, however our drive-thru windows, phone lines and website remain open. We are here to assist in any way possible.
March 16, 2020
Dear SVEC members,
As your electric cooperative, we are stewards of critical infrastructure. Our number one priority is the safety, health and well-being of our members, employees and the greater community.
In response to growing concerns surrounding the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), we must temporarily change the way we function:
- Starting Tuesday, March 17, all SVEC, SVEConnect and SV Propane lobbies will be closed until further notice. Drive-thru windows will remain open during regular business hours.
- Our call centers will continue to answer calls 24/7; our website at www.svalleyec.com, drop-boxes and the SVEC app are available 24/7.
- The Whitwell office will be CLOSED until further notice.
- We will continue to respond to outages 24/7.
- We recognize this event may cause financial hardships so we will be working with those impacted to help ease the burden and to provide extra time for recovery.
- We are a 24/7/365 organization providing critical services. We have a detailed Emergency Response Plan in place to ensure readiness of business-critical functions should COVID-19 become prevalent in our service area.
Unfortunately, in times like these, scammers are targeting our customers. SVEC will never:
- Call and threaten disconnection;
- Demand immediate payment with a prepaid card;
- Show up at your home and request access indoors;
- Ask for sensitive data, like banking information, through email or phone.
This is a fast-moving situation, and we recognize that many individuals and families have been impacted deeply by these events. As the situation evolves, we are committed to being responsive to the needs of our members, employees and communities.
We’re here to help. If you have questions about your electric, broadband or propane service, call us 24/7/365 at (423) 837-8605.