Nominate your Hometown Military Hero
Our community’s military veterans have given their time — and many have risked their lives — in service to our country to keep us safe and free. Many come back to their hometowns and quietly go about their lives, never seeking recognition. Often, in the same spirit of service to others, these men and women continue to give their time and talents to make their communities better places to live. We at Sequachee Valley Electric Cooperative would like our members to help us give these dedicated veterans the recognition they deserve for their past service to our country and current service to our communities. We ask you to nominate a veteran from the SVEC service area for his or her military service to our country and service to the community.
The person you nominate could win $100 for him or herself and $1,000 for the cause he or she supports.
1. Due date for nominations is the 15th of each month, December 2017 - October 2018. Nominations received after the 15th will be held for the next month. Those not recognized the month nominated will be considered in following months.
2. One nominee will be recognized in the SVEC section of The Tennessee Magazine February-December 2018, except for September. Each will receive a $100 cash award.
3. In April 2019, one of the individuals will be named the overall winner and will be further recognized by a $1,000 donation to the cause or civic organization of his or her choice. SVEC members will be allowed to vote for their favorite nominee in the competition for the overall winner. Details for voting will be announced at voting time.
4. All nominees and nominators must be members of Sequachee Valley Electric Cooperative, must be at least 18 years of age and a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident.
5. SVEC employees and their immediate families are not allowed to participate in the contest or win contest prizes.